Hannah, Your digital story is so inspiring to read. I was the type of student who had to study for every quiz and test that I had throughout school, but my cousin (who was the same age) was just like you. A lot of people can relate to different aspects of your story. I have heard it a lot throughout my life that I should do something better with my time instead of becoming a teacher. I love being a teacher and it seems that you do as well. A lot of people that are starting college have a hard time the first year of school. I started my freshmen year at WVU as well and ended up transferring to FSU the next school term. WVU was a lot bigger than I was ready for and I couldn't handle the teachers not knowing me by name nor did they care if I was present or not. Overall, talking about your personal experience with testing and grades, going to a dark place in your life, and then overcoming all of your obstacles to succeed is something that everyone can relate to in a way. The beginning of your story instantly grabs your attention to want to read more. Great job.
Hannah, I love your digital story! I can relate to it in so many ways, especially the part about not learning how to study in high school, everything coming easy, and then falling flat on my face in college. (I also used to make my neighbors sit at desks while I played the teacher :) ) You tell your story so well, with the build-up at the beginning, and then reality hitting and lessons being learned. I'm so glad you persevered through it all. You are a very good writer. Your images are just wonderful and really reflect the emotion of the narration at each point. I can't even pick my favorite, but the colorful fish art, the skyscraper, the lighthouse, they all convey such great imagery. I'm guessing the key question is whether or not we can really hold on to our dreams in the face of adversity and hard lessons. Very nice story. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Hannah, Excellent story!! My brother and wife were both in the gifted program, and I have heard this story so many times before. Some never do finally push through and let the pressure of their earlier success really get to them. I am so glad you got through it and pursed your passion. Great job!!!! I bet you are a great teacher.
The point of view is very understandable. We can see this is your personal story of being blessed with natural academic skill, but the school system failed to prepare you for the demands of life after public school. The dramatic question really helps us to understand the personal nature of your story. We all struggle, even the ones who look like they are just breezing past the rest of us!! I love the images. They are really symbolic of the issues that you struggled with: the size and complexity really show with the pictures. The emotional content is something I'm sure everyone isn this class relates to: the struggles of school and the decision to become a teacher and the struggles that come with that choice.
I think this is a wonderful and very relatable story, and I'm glad it came with a happy ending!! Thank you so much, Michael Gallimore
This is an amazing story!! I love it :) When I was younger, I had some similar experiences as you. I was always bright and learning came easily, I had a "school" in my basement where I was ALWAYS the teacher, and when I finally did make it to college, it was a real wake up call. I like that it comes from your point of view. It caught my attention and kept me engaged the entire time; I kept reading to see WHERE you were going to end up! The only thing I might consider changing or adding is some personal pictures if you have any. I really like the pictures that you have used, they definitely convey emotions that match certain parts of your story. I personally feel that real pictures let us viewers into the story, your life, just a little more. Regardless of the pictures, I think you did an amazing job and I;m looking forward to seeing your video!!
I did the same thing to my little brother when we were growing up!
I believe your point of view is where you established your overall life goal. Even though a major part of your story are the obstacles you had to overcome, I feel like your goal of someday becoming a teacher is the main focus of the story.
I think your dramatic question is "For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a teacher." This phrase sets the focus of your story and it draws the listener in.
I think a serious mentioned in your story is the issue of college readiness of high school students. I was lucky enough to have teachers in high school that made sure I was ready for the life of a college student, but I still feel as if I was not prepared for other aspects that come along with this age. For example, I was never taught to do my own taxes or complete my own FAFSA. Too often, we focus on things with high school seniors that makes them ready for college level course loads, but not life as an adult.
I think your images are great. They follow along with your story and create a metaphor to illustrate your obstacles and emotions
Hannah,
ReplyDeleteYour digital story is so inspiring to read. I was the type of student who had to study for every quiz and test that I had throughout school, but my cousin (who was the same age) was just like you. A lot of people can relate to different aspects of your story. I have heard it a lot throughout my life that I should do something better with my time instead of becoming a teacher. I love being a teacher and it seems that you do as well. A lot of people that are starting college have a hard time the first year of school. I started my freshmen year at WVU as well and ended up transferring to FSU the next school term. WVU was a lot bigger than I was ready for and I couldn't handle the teachers not knowing me by name nor did they care if I was present or not. Overall, talking about your personal experience with testing and grades, going to a dark place in your life, and then overcoming all of your obstacles to succeed is something that everyone can relate to in a way. The beginning of your story instantly grabs your attention to want to read more. Great job.
Hannah, I love your digital story! I can relate to it in so many ways, especially the part about not learning how to study in high school, everything coming easy, and then falling flat on my face in college. (I also used to make my neighbors sit at desks while I played the teacher :) ) You tell your story so well, with the build-up at the beginning, and then reality hitting and lessons being learned. I'm so glad you persevered through it all. You are a very good writer. Your images are just wonderful and really reflect the emotion of the narration at each point. I can't even pick my favorite, but the colorful fish art, the skyscraper, the lighthouse, they all convey such great imagery. I'm guessing the key question is whether or not we can really hold on to our dreams in the face of adversity and hard lessons. Very nice story. I can't wait to see the finished product.
ReplyDeleteHannah,
ReplyDeleteExcellent story!! My brother and wife were both in the gifted program, and I have heard this story so many times before. Some never do finally push through and let the pressure of their earlier success really get to them. I am so glad you got through it and pursed your passion. Great job!!!! I bet you are a great teacher.
The point of view is very understandable. We can see this is your personal story of being blessed with natural academic skill, but the school system failed to prepare you for the demands of life after public school. The dramatic question really helps us to understand the personal nature of your story. We all struggle, even the ones who look like they are just breezing past the rest of us!! I love the images. They are really symbolic of the issues that you struggled with: the size and complexity really show with the pictures. The emotional content is something I'm sure everyone isn this class relates to: the struggles of school and the decision to become a teacher and the struggles that come with that choice.
I think this is a wonderful and very relatable story, and I'm glad it came with a happy ending!!
Thank you so much,
Michael Gallimore
This is an amazing story!! I love it :) When I was younger, I had some similar experiences as you. I was always bright and learning came easily, I had a "school" in my basement where I was ALWAYS the teacher, and when I finally did make it to college, it was a real wake up call. I like that it comes from your point of view. It caught my attention and kept me engaged the entire time; I kept reading to see WHERE you were going to end up! The only thing I might consider changing or adding is some personal pictures if you have any. I really like the pictures that you have used, they definitely convey emotions that match certain parts of your story. I personally feel that real pictures let us viewers into the story, your life, just a little more. Regardless of the pictures, I think you did an amazing job and I;m looking forward to seeing your video!!
ReplyDeleteI did the same thing to my little brother when we were growing up!
ReplyDeleteI believe your point of view is where you established your overall life goal. Even though a major part of your story are the obstacles you had to overcome, I feel like your goal of someday becoming a teacher is the main focus of the story.
I think your dramatic question is "For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a teacher." This phrase sets the focus of your story and it draws the listener in.
I think a serious mentioned in your story is the issue of college readiness of high school students. I was lucky enough to have teachers in high school that made sure I was ready for the life of a college student, but I still feel as if I was not prepared for other aspects that come along with this age. For example, I was never taught to do my own taxes or complete my own FAFSA. Too often, we focus on things with high school seniors that makes them ready for college level course loads, but not life as an adult.
I think your images are great. They follow along with your story and create a metaphor to illustrate your obstacles and emotions
Well done!