My reaction to the video-
StoryCorps is a phenomal idea, and I'm so glad it exists. Josh and Sara (mother and son duo) told a very real, touching, and heartwarming story simply by having a conversation with one another. And the love between Danny and Annie was palpable as their story was played, and it made my heart melt. I can only imagine all of the other meaningful stories that have come from this project.
"For example, a national homework assignment where every high school student studying U.S. History across the country records an interview with an elder over Thanksgiving, so that in one single weekend an entire generation of American lives and experiences are captured."
My first thought is that this would be incredibly difficult to organize (that's the realist in me coming out). But, even if this was nothing more than a project you assigned your U.S. History class(es) in your own school, think of all the incredible stories and experiences you could capture that may otherwise remain untold. I am definitely keeping this one in my arsenal.
I can't adequately express just how much I loved Dave Isay's closing remarks-
"Together we can create an archive of the wisdom of humanity. And maybe in doing so, we'll learn to listen a little more, and shout a little less. Maybe these conversations will remind us what's really important. And maybe, just maybe, it will help us recognize that simple truth, that every life, that every single life, matters equally and infinitely."
No comments:
Post a Comment