"If we teach today as we taught yesterday, we rob our children of tomorrow." I LOVE that quote. It's so true, and there are just so many teachers who want to keep doing the same things they've always done, even though technology is changing at the speed of light. I wish it were easier to get others to see how important technology is today, and that it should be a part of every classroom.
I agree with you, Julie! As teachers we must be lifelong learners, and always evolving our teaching styles and techniques to keep up with the times. Even if it takes us out of our comfort zones to do so. Otherwise, we are doing our students a great injustice.
The Henry Ford quote is great! Also, your images do an excellent job of portraying your message and belief of life long learning to viewers! Good Luck with the art position!
I have to say I really like reading books, whether for pleasure or learning, but mostly for both. Good luck with the long term sub position. Art and Social Studies go well together.
Your video does an outstanding job of sending a message through both image and text that you value life long learning!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Dr. Lindstrom! I certainly do.
Delete"If we teach today as we taught yesterday, we rob our children of tomorrow." I LOVE that quote. It's so true, and there are just so many teachers who want to keep doing the same things they've always done, even though technology is changing at the speed of light. I wish it were easier to get others to see how important technology is today, and that it should be a part of every classroom.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, Julie! As teachers we must be lifelong learners, and always evolving our teaching styles and techniques to keep up with the times. Even if it takes us out of our comfort zones to do so. Otherwise, we are doing our students a great injustice.
DeleteThe Henry Ford quote is great! Also, your images do an excellent job of portraying your message and belief of life long learning to viewers! Good Luck with the art position!
ReplyDeleteI have to say I really like reading books, whether for pleasure or learning, but mostly for both. Good luck with the long term sub position. Art and Social Studies go well together.
ReplyDelete