Sunday, August 23, 2015

Introduction

Hello! My name is Hannah Evans. I am 25 years old (almost 26), and I live in New Martinsville, WV with my family of 3. I graduated from Fairmont State University in December 2013 with my B.A. in secondary education, with a specialization in social studies. After my son was born in January 2014, I took a year off from school. Now I am working on obtaining my M. Ed. in Digital Media, New Literacies, and Learning. So far I have taken Tech Tools for Online Learning and Online Copyright Issues, and I am currently enrolled in Critical Media Literacy and Digital Storytelling, as well as Advanced Educational Technology and Media. I am also preparing to be back in the classroom for the first time since my student teaching experience, as a long-term art substitute at Hundred High School. I am hoping to take away things from this course that I can use to assist me in the teaching position I have accepted for this year, as well as all of my future teaching endeavors. I am looking forward to all of the new things I will learn this semester.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah! I'm looking forward to having you as a student again! I think this course will give you some great idea on how to incorporate digital media into your art classroom to support general literacy skills and a deeper understanding of design principles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hannah! It's nice to meet you. I hope your first year of teaching goes great. Hopefully we can bounce ideas off of each other for this class. I am trying to find ways to get my art teacher to utilize the library more this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hannah! I really like your video and all the quotes about learning. As a teacher, I feel that I learn something new everyday, in or out of the classroom. I too am in the Digital Media program and through my degree, I will be looking for ways to bring new, exciting technology into my college math classroom. Have a great semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hannah! I am sure you will come away with some interesting ideas for mingling technology and art. I've only been to New Martinsville a few times, but I've always thought it was a lovely town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Hannah! It is so nice to have another social studies person in this class. We can definitely use the tools we learn in this class to assist with teaching in our history, civics, and psychology classrooms. Congratulations on the birth of your son, and I look forward to working with you in this class!! Good luck on the upcoming school year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hannah!! I'm so excited to have classes with you once again! I'm so happy to hear about your long term substitute job. I'm in a long term position, myself. I hope everything goes well, and that you have a great semester!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Hannah! I hope the subbing goes well and that you are able to find a spot that makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete